Program gambling addiction is becoming a daily topic at the office water cooler. Who would ever have imagined ten years ago that this new epidemic is affecting all walks of life. Now that more and more people are realizing this problem exists they begin their search to either help themselves or tone of their lived ones
Gamblers who know they have a problem feverishly search for a solution to their problem gambling addiction. These gamblers are trying to move forward to help them stop their current life of self destruction.
There are some gamblers who think they have a problem but are still unsure or are not willing to admit it to themselves at this point in time.
These compulsive gamblers have noticed many of the following symptoms as begin to realize they have a problem with gambling:
1) Loss of interest in family caused by their problem gambling addiction
2) Limited cash flow caused by their problem with gambling addiction
3) Loss of motivation caused by their problem gambling addiction
4) Missed days at work caused by their problem gambling addiction
5) Anti-social behavior caused by their problem gambling addiction
6) Numerous excuses to exclude themselves from family functions caused by their problem gambling addiction.
7) Telling loved ones their at work even though they are at work but are gambling online caused by their problem gambling addiction
8) Borrowing large sums of money but have not knew assets caused by their problem gambling addiction.
9) Belligerent attitude towards other human beings caused by their problem gambling addiction.
The above are just some of the signs gamblers notice when they realize they have a problem with gambling. Even though the gamblers realizes the above that does not mean they are ready to give up their addiction.
It sometimes takes family and friends to help guide them to the conclusion that they have a problem gambling addiction.
Now that some of these gamblers have been reached or they realized it themselves the insight into one’s own mind helps in the recovery from gambling addiction.
There are times that a gambler knows they have a problem with gambling but are so in debt they believe they have no where else to turn except back to gambling..
Once these individual realize they can move on with their lives with out gambling, recovery seems to accelerate. As the compulsive gamblers begin to set new goals for their new beginning a world of peace will finally come over them.
Now that either a family member, friend or the bandarq problem gambler realizes there is a problem it’s now time to find the proper educational resources.
Mr. Howard Keith has an extensive background in dealing with compulsive gamblers, relatives and friends of gamblers and teenage gamblers. Mr. Keith believes there are many alternatives to aid in the recovery of a gambling addiction verses a twelve step program. A large percentage of his emails were from compulsive gamblers looking for an alternative to Gamblers Anonymous and twelve step programs.
Compulsive gamblers search for a solution to their gambling addiction though new innovative websites and local community resources, As they begin their search they have more and more questions and less and less hope that they will succeed.
The following is the process some compulsive gamblers have gone through as they attempt to stop their gambling addiction:
1) Compulsive gambler tells either one family member or friend they have a problem
2) Compulsive gamblers ask either their family member or friend to tell no one.
3) Compulsive gambler no longer has the ability to focus or see reality for what it is.
4) Compulsive gambler knows they have a gambling addiction and search the web for a solution.
5) Compulsive gambler really does not want to stop gambling but believes they have no choice.
6) Compulsive gambler misunderstands what people are trying to tall them.
7) Compulsive gambler continues their search as their belligerent behavior escalates.
8) Compulsive gambler attacks stop gambling websites because they charge $19.95 per year even though they use to lose over one hundred dollars and hour gambling.
9) Compulsive gamblers by now have lost all rational thought.
10) Compulsive gambler isolates themselves from loved ones as they search for a solution.
11) Compulsive gambler finds a stop gambling addiction website/
12) Compulsive gambler tries to control their recovery with negative results.
13) Compulsive gambler makes excuses not to continue with the stop gambling addiction website.
14) Compulsive gambler still believes there is no way out and goes back to gambling.
15) Compulsive gambler runs out of resources to gamble again
16) Compulsive gambler has no choice but to stop their gambling addiction
17) Compulsive gambler admits there is a problem gambling and is ready to try anything that will work for them.
18) Compulsive gambler’s stress increases as this process continues.
19) Compulsive gambler rationalizes that gambling reduces their stress.
The compulsive gambler repeats the above over and over until they find a recovery program that is really able to stop their gambling addition.
There are wonderful stop gambling programs available to meet the needs of every compulsive gambler. The compulsive gambler will stop gambling when they are ready to stop. Once they are ready their self destructive lives will change and through time their debt will be paid off.
Mr. Howard Keith has an extensive background in dealing with compulsive gamblers, relatives and friends of gamblers and teenage gamblers. Mr. Keith believes there are many alternatives to aid in the recovery of a gambling addiction verses a twelve step program.